Quick and Easy Church Outreach Ideas
Ways to Reach Out into Your Community
Do you know your neighbours? Have you engaged in conversation with members of your community this month?
Whether you’ve recently moved to a new area, or are simply feeling a lack of community in your neighbourhood, sometimes all you need to do is a little outreach to ignite that community spirit.
Bringing the neighbourhood together can feel like a daunting task, especially if you have limited time, but there are plenty of easy ways that you can introduce a little togetherness to build bonds and help each other to feel less alone.
- Organise a fitness session in the local park with a fitness instructor and knock on doors to invite your neighbours.
- Find a local charity who is in need of financial help and arrange a street fundraiser for them.
- Invite your neighbours round for lunch so that you have the opportunity to get to know them.
- Arrange for a Christian band to play at the church hall and send out leaflets to advertise the event.
- Offer to rake up leaves for those who are less able.
- Hold a sports day for families, arrange competitions such as three-legged races to encourage them to get to know each other.
- Deliver food parcels for the elderly or infirm members of your community or offer to take them to the grocery store.
- Throw a party for seniors in the area with music, games and food.
- Attend chemotherapy wards with healthy snacks and board games.
- Host a weekly discussion group for Christians and non-Christians alike.
Taking the time to build genuine relationships within your community provides you with ample opportunity to discuss your faith and promote the word of God.
Why not wear this Hope Anchor Bracelet as a message to your community?
For a wide range of other beautiful faith clothing and accessories, check out our store today.